All Saints' Church, Piddletrenthide, ST 70212 00733: 50.8054 -2.4241 (Lead author: JT)
All Saints Church originated in the 12th century, but most of the fabric is now 15th to 16th century.. Some alterations were made in 1852. The south porch is of Ham Hill Stone and flint, banded. The south chapel is ashlar of Ham Hill Stone and Lower Purbeck Cypris Freestone. The chancel is built of Lower Purbeck dressed stone and flint, but has Ham Hill Stone windows.
The splendid 1487 west tower has a door and window of Ham Hill Stone, but is mostly Lower Purbeck Ridgeway stone. The outer wall of the north aisle, dated around 1500, is entirely Ham Hill Stone ashlar.