The Church of St. Nicholas, Edmondsham . (Lead author: JT)
SU06127 11540; Lat/Long 50.903302, -1.9142373
St. Nicholas’s Church is built of heathstone, flint and Upper Greensand with Chilmark dressings. Started in the 12th century, the north aisle was built in the 14th century , and the nave and tower are a 15th century build. There was a major restoration and rebuilding in 1862. The heathstone was gathered from boulders unearthed when ploughing the estate fields. Flint could also have been gathered from the western fields, and Chilmark Stone came from the Vale of Wardour.